FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS!
GFI Services and Park Rules
Welcome to the 38th annual Grand Forks International Baseball Tournament! James Donaldson Park is located at 1924 – 75th Ave, on the corner of Hwy 3 and 19th Street across from Jack Goddard Arena in Grand Forks BC.
PARKING: Patrons of James Donaldson Park may park your vehicles in any area permitted by the City of Grand Forks, Jack Goddard Arena and around the neighborhoods. Please do not park in front of emergency exit gates and or in front of the Main gates, near fire hydrants, or in handicap parking stalls unless you have a valid permit to do so.
If parking on neighboring streets please do not block people’s driveways and alley access as your vehicle will be towed. Please do not park on neighborhood grass areas and people’s private property.
Park at your own risk. The GFI is not responsible for any vehicle damage sustained to your vehicles while visiting James Donaldson Park.
GRANDSTAND: There are 2 entry/exit points for the main grandstand. Please watch your step going up or coming down. There are Reserved Seating spots marked on the seats. These seats belong to the Reserved Seat Holders for the duration of the tournament. Please do not sit in these spots if you have not paid for this seat.
Please do not sit in aisles as they must be kept clear in case of emergency.
MOBILITY/WHEELCHAIR Access: You can enter through the front gates and follow the paved path to seating along the first base line.
BLEACHERS: There is bleacher seating available for all passes and general admission ticket purchases. These are located along the first and third base lines. Blue Monster seating is inside the Beer Garden and is for patrons 19 years or older. Please be aware of foul balls leaving the playing field at all times. The Grand Forks International tournament is not responsible for injuries sustained while inside the ball park.
RIGHT FIELD FAMILY AREA: A special area behind the right field is a safe place to watch the Games. There are a few tables and benches available for sitting. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and enjoy the games.
Please be aware of baseballs leaving the playing field at all times. The Grand Forks International tournament is not responsible for injuries sustained while inside the ball park.
Please note* Caregivers need to remain in this area while their children are in this area.
GUEST RELATIONS: Just inside the main gate you will find the Guest Relations Booth. There, GFI ambassadors will help you with your questions, tournament passes, Programs, Bingo Cards, lost articles and more are available here. Our volunteers are committed to serving you and making your visit to the GFI as enjoyable as possible.
FOOD CONCESSION: There are several options for food services at James Donaldson Park.
Hard Ball Café is located under the Grandstand on the first base side. There you can get fries, burgers, Hot Dogs and normal ball park fare, all while supporting the GFI.
Babe Ruth Building is located along first base line next to the Blue Monster bleachers and Right Field Tavern. You can pick up light snacks of candy, ice cream, popcorn, water and pop at this location.
VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS: The GFI is always looking for volunteers. The commitment of the volunteers is the strength of the Grand Forks International. To volunteer, please visit the Volunteer page to to download an application.
VOLUNTEER CHECK-IN: GFI volunteers will be required to check in at Guest Relations inside the front gates prior to the start of their shift.
FIRST AID STATION: The Grand Forks International is dedicated to ensuring that each fan is safe while at the ball park. There is an on-site First Aid Station managed by trained and efficient first aid people. From morning till night, they are on duty and you will be in good hands whether it is a wasp sting, an injury or too much sun. The First Aid Station is located near the Blue building on the first base side of the park.
RESTROOMS: Men’s and Women’s Restrooms are located under the main grandstand next to Guest Relations and in the blue building along the first base side of the park.
RIGHT FIELD TAVERN: There is a designated beer garden for you to enjoy a cool beverage while watching the games. Just follow the signs. Blankets and folding chairs are allowed.
- You must be 19+ to enter the beer gardens. As per Liquor Control Board of BC regulations, there is a 2-drink limit when purchasing a beverage. Please have your ID ready.
- NO OUTSIDE LIQUOR: Prepare to be searched as you enter the venue. No outside alcohol is allowed into the premises. No alcohol may be taken out of the beer garden either.
- BACKPACKS, COOLERS: are subject to be searched.
- TICKETS: Alcohol tickets must be purchased in advance and redeemed at the beverage stand. Once purchased they are not refundable.
- HOURS OF SERVICE: The Beer Gardens open at 11:00 am. Ticket sales will be cut off at 10:00 pm nightly, last call is at 10:30 pm, and all patrons must be out of the beer garden no later than 11:00 pm OR 30 minutes after the conclusion of the last game.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE TOURNAMENT TICKETS
TOURNAMENT, FAMILY/Single WEEKEND & RESERVED SEATING PASSES go on Sale April 1, 2020 at Pharmasave & The Source downtown Grand Forks, BC
Debit, Visa, and MasterCard accepted at both locations.
MAIN GATES at James Donaldson Park. Debit, Visa and MasterCard are also accepted at the park. All passes and Single Game Admission are available for purchase.
Refer to Ticket Options page for various tournament ‘Pass’ information.
When you purchase a specific game Pass, you will be issued a wristband. The Pass and Wristband are non-refundable and non-transferable. You may leave and re-enter the park as you wish, but you must show your Pass and wristband each time you enter the park.
Unless you have purchased Reserved Seating, all seats in the ball park are general admission with no assigned seating.
PER GAME GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET REFUND POLICY – Whenever you enter the ball park you will be charged for the remaining games that day. If you plan to leave the stadium for the rest of the day, you will receive a refund for any games that you did not stay for. PROOF of payment MUST be presented with your Per Game General Admission ticket for a refund. NO refund will be given if proof of payment is not presented with the ticket.
GFI BINGO: Free Bingo has been a long-standing tradition through-out the years. Pick up a free bingo card at Guest Relations before each game and match your numbers when called by the announcer to win a prize. BINGO prizes are donated by local merchants and awarded for each game. Have fun and Good Luck!
HALL OF FAME: The Grand Forks International has seen its share of future Major Leaguers come and go. Located in the Blue Building the GFI Hall of Fame area includes a photo display, memorabilia, baseball theme decor and other information. A fun place to visit while at the GFI.
HOME RUN DERBY/OPENING CEREMONIES: After the last game of the day has ended, the Home Run Derby will take place after the Opening Ceremonies on Tuesday night June 30th. We look forward in seeing all the fans come out and cheer on the top hitters from each team.
KIDS RUN THE BASES: Back by popular demand, this event will occur two times a day (Friday to Saturday) for the 12:30 pm and 4 pm games.
SOUVENIRS: Take home your piece of the Grand Forks International tournament by visiting our Souvenir Booth located outside the Babe Ruth Building. Viper Graphics of Grand Forks will be promoting GFI souvenirs and promotional items. Please visit https://www.vipergraphicsca.com.
FOUL BALLS: From time to time baseballs leave the playing field. Please BE CAREFUL when leaving the park and looking for foul balls.
The Grand Forks International is not responsible for any injuries suffered as a result of chasing baseballs that leave the playing area. If you wish to keep a foul ball, please turn it in to Guest Relations and they will give you an older ball as a souvenir. Baseballs are expensive, so please do your part to help keep costs down and return Game Balls to Guest Relations.
TOURNAMENT PARK RULES
- BACKPACKS, COOLERS: Prepare to be searched as you enter the venue.
- SMOKING: There is NO smoking permitted within the confines of James Donaldson Park (Tobacco or Cannabis).
- NO OUTSIDE LIQUOR OR LIQUID CONTAINERS: Prepare to be searched as you enter the venue. No outside alcohol or liquid containers are allowed into the premises.
- PETS: Well behaved dogs on a harness or leash are permitted along the 3rd base line only, as long as they are not disturbing the enjoyment of the game for others. Please note* there is limited shade and weather can get very hot and its recommended to keep your pets at home. Please clean up after your pet!
- LANGUAGE: Profane or abusive language, gestures, and personal attacks on players, GFI Staff, or patrons of the park will not be tolerated. You will be ejected from the park if you are unable to refrain from this type of behaviour.
- WEAPONS: You may be searched upon entry to James Donaldson Park. No weapons of any kind are allowed into the park. Items that COULD be used as a weapon may also be disallowed at the discretion of security.